Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bumping shoulders

I came back to my apartment one day, noticing the elevator was broken.
It is quite ferquent that our maintanance guy slacks off once in a while, and things won't work for days. I ended up walking up the stairs to my apartment.

My floor was only on the third, so it wasn't much of a problem getting there by foot. But on the way up, a man came running down the stairs.
Our shoulders ended up touching, but he didn't say a word...

"What a prick...."

I muttered to my self as I finished off walking to my floor.

When I got into my room, I turned on the light and noticed something VERY wrong.
There was blood on my shoulder... and it looked fresh...

I remembered about the guy I bumped into earlier, and felt disguested. I locked the front door, and my balcony door as soon as I can.
After I took a shower, I put the stained shirt into the trashcan, and went to sleep.

I woke up with the sound of the door bell. The degital clock next to my bed displayed the numbers 2:30.

Who could it be this late at night?

I tried to ignore the door bell, but it wouldn't stop for a whole 10 minutes. So I decided to ask what they wanted.

Without opening the door, I looked outside the peep hole. There was an officer standing right in front of it, and he looked quite nervous.

"May I help you sir?"

He jumped, putting his hand down from the door bell botton.

"Thank god you are home. I wanted to ask the residence in this apartment about a murder."

Ah, I probably saw the murderer earlier...
But, I don't want to get involved...

"Sorry officer, I don't know anything about that."

"But surely you know something! Did you see anybody suspicious? Can you atleast open the door to talk?"

"I am sorry officer, it's late. I need to go."

I could hear him say something behind the door, but I ignored it and went back to bed. There is no way I am going to get involved in such a thing.

------------------------------

The next day, I wokeup for work...
Wondering how the case went, I turned on the T.V.
After a while, the murder case showed up.

"The murder involved in a killing last night at an apartment in Tokyo was caught this morning."

The news showed my apartment, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god that is over.." I muttered as I grabbed the remote to change the channel.
But soon, I dropped the remote as I saw a picture on the T.V.

"This is the man caught for the killing of two people last night in Ropponngi, Tokyo.

It was the picture of the police officer who came to my apartment at night....

I thank god I didn't open the door when he came.

No comments:

Post a Comment