Monday, January 11, 2010

Networking website

Story from experience

This is what I encountered when I was getting into all those social networking websites. I haven't seen my friends from high school for 6 years, so i decided to find how they were doing now. I found that my old tie friend was a member on a minor social website. I was so excited to see her, so I added her to my friends' list. After a while, I got a message from her saying she wanted to chat with me.

Kaya "Hey, long time no see."

Me "Wow Kaya! How have you been? It's been like 6 years since we talked!"

Kaya "Good, and you?"

Me "I am doing ok! Where are you now?"

Kaya "I went back home. I was wondering if you are still around."

Me "No, I am not in Kayeki-cho anymore. I am working in Tokyo right now."

Kaya "Tokyo is nice. Do you remember the time we played together? At my house?

Me "I never went to your house. You lived near to Yuki right? I think it was too far from my house to go visit."

Kaya "Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Where did Yuki use to live?"

Me "It was in Takagi street. Across from the par. You lived right across from her, remember?


That is when Kaya stop replying. Not only she stopped replying, but she closed her account in 10 minutes. I had a bad feeling, so I went out of my way to call Tubomi, that was good friends with Kaya.

"Wait, I will call you back soon as possible." Tubomi said, and hanged up.

Two hours later, Tubomi called back.

"Thank god you told us about that. We finally found Kaya's stalker outside of her parent's house after you called me. He has been chatting with you from a nearby cafe, pretending to be Kaya."

It turns out that he has been bothering Kaya for a while, so she decided to go back to her parent's house to run away. The police was only able to do something about him when they had enough evidence to put him in jail. This time, the stalker had a knife with him, so they were able to put him away as a threat.

I felt stupid to give out Kaya's information away to him, but I was happy to hear that it contributed to the stalker's arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment